It is important to remember that every antidepressant comes with its own list of downsides and only a qualified specialist is able to prescribe the right medicine for any particular case.
Lexapro is an SSRI antidepressant that is prescribed for MDD (Major Depressive Disorder), anxiety and depression. It is known for having potentially less side-effects than other medication of this type and purpose.
Lexapro can be also used for other purposes than those listed above.
Paxil is basically being used for similar purposes that include: recovery from depression, stress associated and anxiety. Its dosage should be decreased slowly when ending the process of treatment.
This medicine can be given an off-label prescription for treatment of autonomic dysfunction or Trichotillomania.
Lexapro is considered to be more helpful than paxil when it comes to the therapeutic measures against severe depression. It has also better results for depression joined by anxiety manifestations. Also, lexapro is tolerated better in comparison with paxil. Paxil is known to generate a higher rate of fatigue, vomiting, sleepiness, and tiredness.
Paxil (paroxetine) doesn’t only improve mood, but is also an effective measure for treatment of depression disorders and anxiety symptoms. However, it produces more unwelcome reactions than other medicine of this kind.
Improves mood and helps you relax.
Lexapro (escitalopram) improves mood and helps relax more efficiently. It is excellent for treatment of depression related disorders and anxiety. It doesn’t produce as many side effects as other drugs of this kind and has less medicine interactions. However, you should consult your doctor first if you experience any problems with heart or liver.
Let’s take a look at the main advantages and disadvantages of these types of medicine.
- It is accessible in a low-priced, generic form.
- Can only be taken once a day.
- Efficient in diminishing depression and anxiety manifestations.
- Lowers the chances of recurring depression and anxiety episodes.
- Lexapro doesn’t cause as many side effects as other drugs of this kind and has less medicine interactions.
- Taking paxil increases the chances of decreasing sexual drive and performance.
- When taken by teenagers or children, it possesses the risks of provoking suicidal behavior.
- May not be considered well-suited for elderly people, who experience dementia.
- Can be the reasons for an insignificant increase in weight (1-5 pounds).
- Lexapro should be avoided in case of having heart or liver issues.
- You may have to try other medicine in order to find the one that is best suited for you.